HEAD COACH REQUIRED
By warrenderwaterpolo, Sep 21 2018 01:01PM
We are now looking to recruit a new Head Coach who will have overall responsibility for the coaching program. This is an exciting opportunity for someone to help continue the success and growth that the Club has seen over the last few years.
We require a highly motivated, creative individual with good organisational and communication skills. This person must be able to demonstrate the appropriate level of knowledge required for a role such as this and they should also have good time management skills along with being approachable and friendly.
The successful candidate will be expected to coach one of our squads in addition to the Head Coach responsibilities.
- To provide quality coaching programmes suited to the ability of all athletes
- To embrace a community based water polo club which values its members whether players or volunteers, sports stars or improvers
- To assist the athletes to achieve their full potential with the objective of achieving Scotland / GBR / world class standards
- To lead, mentor and co-ordinate the coaching team, and provide advice and support to squad, assistant coaches and helpers, ensuring that coaches have appropriate qualifications and that these are kept up-to-date
- To be responsible for provision of adequate coaching and lifeguarding cover for each session
- To be responsible for the recruitment of coaches, delivering coach induction sessions
for new coaches
- To be responsible for the discipline and behaviour of players
- To ensure squads have appropriate competition schedule & plan for Scottish Championships
- To work with Water Polo Convenor & Team Managers to assure an appropriate annual plan for each squad
- To provide clear, progressive and accessible development paths for athletes and coaches of all abilities, and give feedback on progression
- To support club development initiatives
- To abide by and promote sound ethics and club policies; child protection, fair play and equal opportunities to all members
- To liaise with the water polo management committee to ensure there are regular and appropriate competitive opportunities for members
- To attend and contribute to appropriate club meetings
- To be aware of and understand the Normal Operation Procedure and Emergency Action Procedure for each facility used by the Club
- UKCC Level 1 minimum. The successful candidate will be expected to complete UKCC Level 2 within first nine months of employment if they do not already hold that qualification
- PVG Scheme Membership
- A self-declaration must be completed
- Be a member of Scottish Swimming
- Attend appropriate training
- Sign and adhere to the Coaches Code of Conduct
This is a self-employed position with monthly remuneration, based on experience and qualifications. A 3-month probationary period will require to be completed before the position is confirmed.
For further information, or to send an application, please contact Duncan MacGregor, Water Polo Convenor – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close on 7th October 2018 and interviews will be held in mid-late October.